Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rolling With The Tide by Jeff Call

I read for 2.5 hours.
pgs. 1-112

I recently started the book Rolling With the Tide by Jeff Call for two reasons. The first is because it is about football, which happens to be my favorite sport and second, it ties that in with the LDS faith, which happens to be what i believe. Jeff Call is a newspaper columnist and a BYU graduate and has many books that involve the LDS faith and sports as well.

The book starts out with a guy named Gunner Hanshaw and another named Preston Wilson. They are both serving LDS missions for two years in Southern South America, however they are not in the same area. Preston one day gets a note saying that he will be transfered immediately to a new area of South America but he does not know why. He goes anyways. He meets gunner to find that the reason that he got transferred is because Gunner's previous companion was shot and killed.

This is as far as i have gotten in the book. It is really good and i enjoy reading it. I like how it is LDS. I can relate somewhat to the things that they are talking about and it is easy for me to visualize the situation that is going on. I am excited to keep on reading. It is a great story so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment